Monday, May 11, 2009

I have a Hawaiian Scheffiera foliage plant in my home. It gets sun, and seems OK but some of the leaves near..

the bottom are turning yellow, and eventually, falling off. I have it in a very large planting pot, but the leaves at the bottom seem to be cluttered. I hope this is what the problem is......I love my plant!

I have a Hawaiian Scheffiera foliage plant in my home. It gets sun, and seems OK but some of the leaves near..
Also, make sure the plant is getting light, top to bottom. If the bottom leaves aren't getting much light, the plant will shed them as they are doing no good for the plant. Plant leaves require energy for the plant to maintain and if a leaf doesn't generate enough food it will be shed to allow other leaves an opportunity to do more with that same about of energy.
Reply:well..it is the natural phenomena in some plants that the top part matures and gives rise to young shoots and leaves...while the bottom part becomes old and the leaves lose their pigment(chlorophyll) and fall off due to degeneration...there is nothing to worry about as long u take good care of the plant by keeping the soil well aerated, water the plant and use limited fertilizers...u'll see the improvement !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment