Monday, May 11, 2009

I have a partially shady area, gets hot afternoon sun. Can I plant raspberries there? Or related plants?

Yes! We have had our on the side of the house for about 20 years and they get about 5-6 hours of sun(not always direct). We tie ours up on a wire line as they grow and cut them down to 6 inches in the fall. Happy Gardening!

I have a partially shady area, gets hot afternoon sun. Can I plant raspberries there? Or related plants?
raspberries can grow pretty much in any climate (really) just make sure to stake them after planting so they dont grow wild. Believe me they do
Reply:Yes.


Raspberries are like my roses. They like "full sun" which means at least 6 hours of sun a day. My roses are partially shaded by my paper white birch, but they also get enough sun.

tags

No comments:

Post a Comment